Is it true people who eat breakfast lose more weight then those who skip it

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's true that people who eat breakfast weigh less (as a group) than those who habitually skip. It's a jump in logic to then assume that eating breakfast will lead to faster weight loss. Yes, the metabolism argument does have some validity, but it still comes down to balancing calories burnt versus calories consumed. The difference in metabolism doesn't account for a huge difference in how many calories your body burns during a day. But, people who eat breakfast are also more likely to eat balanced diets, exercise and do a number of healthy activities that are equally associated with maintaining a healthy weight. Good luck!

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Eating breakfast gets your metabolism going for the day and does help with weight loss.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• absoutely, it's the most important meal of the day for a reason. Infact never skip any meals is suggested if you want to lose weight. When you do work out, your body is going to keep the fat, because it doesn't know when it's going to have a meal again.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I think so. Usually when I skip breakfast, my hunger is ferocious once lunch comes around. I not only eat lunch early but my portions are larger. I also read that if you skip meals it trains your body to store fat because its a survival mechanism. When your body thinks that it doesnt know when it's next meal is coming (because you skip meals) it will store away the fat so you can use the energy later. I know a few ppl who arent bkfst eaters but I would alteast have a piece of fruit or a granola bar in the morning to ward off the hunger monster.

I Blog!
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Breakfast jump starts your metabolism so it helps because without it you are metabolizing food much slower.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• No, it doesn't matter when breakfast is.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 12:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Very true!, it helps keep the hunger away for the rest of the day so you won't pig out at any meal.....

Answer by older at 12:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Having breakfast is also a way to tell you stomach that you are full so you will not tempted for a "huge" lunch. If your stomach is empty it is most definitely that you'll eat more to cease the huger. :Y
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• its true for most people b/c it starts your metabolism. but it may make you eat more thru out the day since breakfast gets your system really movin. i always feel hungrier when i eat breakfast & tend to eat more in the afternoons. so it really depends on your level of self-control & if you have healthy foods around you all day when the hunger strikes. it also should be a healthy breakfast, not donuts, pop-tarts or other sugary junk.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I'm not too sure if it's too late by 10am, but my opinion is whenever you get up should be fine.
    chick4god7

Answer by chick4god7 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2011