My son is 6 Months old and he is spoiled by his grandmother that watches him he wants u to hold him all the time and he wont sleep unless someone is holding him what do i do? Please no negative comments!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hold that boy and love on him!  He is not spoiled.  He is a baby looking for some mama lovin'!  Enjoy these times they are precious!

Anonymous

• My niece was like that. my mom watched her at first and she did anything and everything to undermine my sister. always held her, gave her what she wanted. everything. it got to the point that when my sister would tell her NO or take something away from her, destiny would run to my mom. she even started calling my mom "mama". so my sister put her in daycare, and took control. you have to work through it, there will be crying but I promise you, it wont hurt them to cry them self to sleep or anything like that.
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• but!! this is advice for an older baby, 6 months he needs to be held as much as you can. i should have put that in my response first. right now, he needs you to hold him to show him that you are his security and you will always be there.
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• exactly.. hold him! Babies need to be held/touched. This is so normal, babies need that constant touch. It helps them feel secure and loved. When they get that they grow up to be very well adjusted and independent people because they got what they needed from the start.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You cannot spoil an infant. Especially not by holding him. Hold him all he wants. Babies who are held turn into toddlers who won't cling to your legs all the time. **grin**

Spoiling is giving a toddler every toy and sweet in the store.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.....MY 6 MONTH OLD IS SPOILED BY HIS GRANDMA AND SHE WILL SOON START WATCHING HIM FULL TIME WHILE I WORK........ HE STAYED WITH HER FOR 2 DAYS A WHILE BACK AND ALL SHE DID WAS HOLD HIM SO WHEN HE CAME HOME THAT IS ALL HE WANTED I HAD TO BREAK HIM OF THAT HABIT LOTS OF CRYING INVOLVED..........i AM SCARED TO THINK WHAT IS COMING MY WAY WHEN SHE HAS HIM ALL THE TIME...............
    bE FIRM AND JUST TELL HER PUT HIM DOWN HE NEEDS NOT TO BE HELD ALL THE TIME SO HE CAN LEARN HOW TO BE INDEPENDANT...YES HOLDING HIM NOW IS IMPORTANT BUT THERE IS A LIMIT HE HAS TO LEARN TO BE INDEPENDANT TOO..........\
    sORRY IM NO HELP JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Anon... I'm sure that your baby would want to be held all the time even if Grandma did not hold him all the time. Thats just how babies are.... they want/need to be held! As parents we need to provide that need for them. As a Grandma, she is doing an excellent job by holding him.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008