I feel flutters in my belly and im 12 weeks

I feel fluttering in my lower belly and I'm only 12 weeks. This is my second pregnancy but i lost my last one before week 7. I heard you usually dont feel the fluttering with your first until week 16. I'm pretty in tune with my body. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this early on? Do you think it means we have an active baby on the way?

Tamara_Fisher

Asked by Tamara_Fisher at 1:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i thought i did.but the doctor told me that it was the muscles moving and making room for the babie :)
    mamabear_7985

Answer by mamabear_7985 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yeah I remember feelin flutterin really early on. I think everyone is differnt. my fave moment was when he got the hiccups for the first time ... lol it was on my bday at like 4 am..lol
    charlirose29904

Answer by charlirose29904 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It could just be gas bubbles. If you are feeling baby flutters then you will KNOW pretty soon when then the baby kicks hard lol. Could you possibly be farther along than you thought? I am sure is is possible that soon....don't know though lol.
    Anonymous

• Is it gas? Is it the baby? Hmmm....Anyways =) this is my second baby and I felt her move that early too and then I felt her kicking me by 16 weeks (and I mean full on kicks) now she's doing summer saults and what not. (I guess trying to turn my insides all around to make it comfy who knows?) Anyways I know now that's she's active and I figured since I felt her so early. But as time goes by and she gets bigger it's more just kicking and shoving then actual belly rolls. However with my first I felt the fluttering by 16 weeks and the kicks by 20. And she was an active baby when born (and still is)
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 1:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It is not gas bubbles. My stomach is not even making noises, and i dont feel gassy. Its more like i have a little bowl of jello under my skin and ever so often the jello gets shaken around and then it just stops. I usually feel it once in the morning and once at night.
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 1:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am pregnant with my fourth and I read somewhere that, especially with pregnancies beyond the first, women feel movement much earlier, they were saying anywhere from 13-25 weeks is completely normal for first movements. I was looking it up because I started feeling flutters from the baby at 13 weeks. When you are in-tune with your body and you know the difference between gas and other feelings, it's a lot easier to feel earlier. (I'm 36.5 weeks now - counting down the days!)
    BensonMommy

Answer by BensonMommy at 2:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I also felt my son very early on, I was about 12-14 weeks
    prettyeyes412

Answer by prettyeyes412 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I felt the babies early in my second pregnancy! I think every one is different.,
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008