HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IM IN LABOR?

HAVING A BABY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you will start to have contractions. they feel like huge period cramps and they go all over your abdomen and into your back usually. you can slso see your tummy tightening when this happens. if thats beginning to happen start timing them. you can always call your doctor and tell them exactly what your feeling and theyll tell you what to do from there. good luck!!!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yeah, except this has been happening to me for over a month on and off.. false labor. its god damn annoying........ so.......................
    Anonymous

• My experience was a little different than the norm. My water broke...but it wasn't a huge gush like it is supposed to be...just a light trickle that kept coming. My contractions started two hours later but they felt like period cramps until they were about 5 min. apart at which time they got stronger. I was shocked at how anticlimactic the whole thing was. The whole way to the hospital I was thinking "they're going to send me home."

They say you know you're in labor when your contractions come in even intervals and don't change with position (i.e. if your sitting then stand up and vice versa)

Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• lol...you're gonna get alot of answers on this one so im gonna keep mine short and sweet...YOU'LL JUST KNOW.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The contractions intensify & get closer together and don't go away with position changes or changing activities like taking a shower. I knew I was really in labor when I felt like I had to use the bathroom with each contraction. I kept running in the bathroom thinking I had to go right now! When we got to the hospital I was 8cm.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2008