presents

I am a god mom which the mom and grandparents call me everyear about a gift to my godchild i even have to do this on her birthday and they make sure its more then 100.00 or they will keep bugging. the girl is now 17 will be 18 on jan first, i just got sucked into but i am getting to the point i am tready to stop cause i mean she is almost 18 and she wants alot of different things or should i keep buying gifts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• No, don't ever feel obligated to gift, just let it go.
    Anonymous

• i think thats all up to you. personally i feel a gift should be appreciated not expected. if you want to get her something get something small and meaningful, especially for the 18th. i dont think you need to be spending that much money still
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If she really needs and appreciates it, and you have it to give and don't mind, then decide if you want to do it always. Right now would be a good time to stop since she has reached adulthood. It depends on your relationship with her. If you are close, then ...maybe consider it. If you only give it because the parents bug you, explain that it is time to stop because she is now an adult.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think it's rude of them to bother you about gifts at all, let alone how much you spend! Wow. But if you don't want to do it anymore, or you can't afford to, whatever, I wouldn't. Just explain to them that she's an adult and all that. If you want to keep doing it, then it's up to you!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just remember that people give gifts because they WANT to not because they HAVE to. Anytime you feel that its a obligation to give a gift, then you shouldn't give it. How much contact do you have with this Godchild anyway? Sounds kinda like she is a spoiled brat that just wants free stuff. But what do I know?...Take Care and good luck making this decision.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Do what you want
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008