• In the Spotlight:

I can't eat certain fish yet i can get a flu shot??

Mercury are in both and flu shot has MORE bad content than the fish itself...

Does this make sense to you that we being pregnant should "not eat certain fish" yet they want us to get flu shots?

and its not just the mercury in the flu shots its a LOT of other disgusting ingredients.

what do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i got a flu shot but the doc said its a good thing.. but the fish thing is weird because i love it and tuna and i cant eat it ...blah
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You can eat fish while pregnant
    Anonymous

• i know you can eat fish while pregnant. but CERTAIN fish they say you cannot. ones with high levels of mercury. Yet flu shots contain mercury along with many other chemicals that are hazardous to you and baby.

i just dont see how this makes sense??

i dont get the flu shot because of this, and i of course stay away from these fish that have high levels of mercury BUT i want to know how this makes sense??

or is it that the pharmaceutical companies just worry about making THEIR money rather than helping YOUR child?
    Anonymous

• Yanno what's funny...

My mom said that ANY and ALL fish were considered safe when she was pregnant with me (I'm 20). Isn't it hilarious that I turned out fine, yet we're expected to stay away from certain kinds of fish nowadays? The hypocrisy of it all, GAH!

I'm not going to get a flu shot. I got horrendously sick last time, yuck.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i couldnt agree more with you OP.

i dont get a flu shot either and i will NOT especially while im pregnant. but i dont see how they make sense of it all... dont eat certain fish but let us inject this flu shot into your blood stream that has mercury AND worse ingredients... because, i want more money.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't get flu shots. I do not trust them and think they are pushed on us for monetary reasons. You are right about the mercury. I just stay away from it.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i dont like needles so im Definately not getting a flu shot. i read in the first comment you cant have tuna? that's crap. its the amount that you consume is what you watch. why dont you talk with your dr about your question, its a very good one. no on certain fish but yes on the flu shot? i didnt even know mercury was in the flu shot.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• when i was 12 weeks i called and asked if i could get the flu shot and they said no dr doesnt reccoment it... its all on your dr they all believe and think different things but i just listened to her and didnt get it because i thought about it the flu shot brings on the flu im not even close to bein sick yet and still 2 weeks later im not sick so ill do with out it ive never gotten it even b4 i was pregnant
    nyyankeecutee

Answer by nyyankeecutee at 1:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• oh and about the tuna thing you can safely eat a can of tuna i think 12oz a week NOT ALBACORE it wont say albacore tuna on it if its not albacore when your at the store look at the different tunas you will see cans that say albacore tuna and some that just say tuna
    nyyankeecutee

Answer by nyyankeecutee at 1:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008