Does anyone have girlfriends that are futher along? Do they seem to be the expert? It seems I can do nothing right or that my baby doesn't move as much. Or they always tell me to wait untill I am futher along before the fun begins

watergirlbrown

Asked by watergirlbrown at 7:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • OMG its annoying isnt it? and the funny part, its more of her just being dramatic and trying to be controlling.

in reality she doesnt know more. ive done SO much more research and stuff than she has. she kind of just talks out of her ass

UGh i want to just smack her sometimes and tell her to shut the hell up!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just take their advice with a grain of salt. I don't think that the fun ever really begins, not until the baby can actually play. Pregnancy wasn't fun for me. Just take in your own experiences. They are yours and yours alone. Enjoy them, Hate them, but they are yours.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No but I had a lot of pain in the ass friends that gave me all these crazy bad labor stories and had me terrified to give birth. Sometimes you just have to go off on them. This is your chance! Blame it on hormones!! :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i have a friend whos 5wks ahead of me right now its her first pregnancy its funny cuz she thinks she knows everything and i sit and laugh becuz most of things shes telling me are wrong. This is my second pregnancy so im not beginner its just funny you have to brush it off some women like to think they know it all.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If they are in the last 2 weeks or overdue they aren't kidding.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• im a 3rd timer..i only gave MY experiences not advice. EVERY pregnancy is different...i agree w lovinmymakayla, we have the excuse to be bitchy so do it! your friend is pregnant too! She should understand of course! She's the expert!lol. tell her to shove it up her ass till she becomes a Gyno.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Amen sister! It's so annoying when people think they know everything. But like the other woman said, take it with a grain of salt. Just know that they really are just saying it out of love and that they think they are helping, not annoying.
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 10:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When you're pregnant, you're a magnet for unsolicited advice. Just listen with a friendly smile, then do things your way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree with taking their advice with a grain of salt. Every pregnancy/woman is different and also remember that they are REALLY wrapped up in their own pregnancy which is normal so they can be overbarring at times. I'm sure they mean well. But its easy to be offended while you're pregnant. I am only 27 weeks and my friend is 17 wks right now and I catch myself doing the same thing to her. I mean well, and its hard to NOT give advice espeically if you are going thru it too. They just want to help. Just smile and say thanks for the heads up and ignore it. I'm sure there will come a time you're happy to have them to ask questions to but when its not that time, just smile.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've been really surprised that no one has given me any advice! This is my first pregnancy and the only annoying friend who tried giving me advice has never had a kid! She was trying to tell me all about picking daycares and I'm thinking "and you know this because?" Granted, I don't have many friends with kids, but even my family members with kids have backed off. I hope it's because I see so competent!
    Anonymous