WHEN DO YOU TELL THE BOSS YOU ARE EXPECTING?

At what point to you tell the boss that you are expecting? i am 9 weeks and really want to tell. I have a review in october and pray that it will not change anything. i certainly cannot hide it until then. What do ya think?

Raynalin

Asked by Raynalin at 8:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• You don't have to ever tell him unless you want to. If your job might be a safety issue and you need to be transferred to a safer position you should but your pregnancy is none of his business. Plus your evaluation cannot be based on your pregnancy or you might have a case for a lawsuit.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• when i was pregnant with dd i told my boss right away (i lifted alot of things at that job), with ds i waited about a month after i got hired, so i was around 4 months. this time around i AM my own boss, makes it so much better! lol. and if ur pregnancy affects ur review then i would take them to court about it. if ur boss is an honest sort of person then u most likely wont have a problem.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Right away.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I say right away. It will be alot easier to explain the nausea, and the tiredness. Then he will be more understanding if you have to miss work for Dr. appointments. Otherwise he may think you are ditching work on purpose to just go mess around and not have to be at work.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2008