Baby smells mommy

I know that babies sense that unique smell from their mothers. Since baby was born I hadn't noticed anything different, but he spent a great deal of time in the hospital away from me. Now that he's home and breastfeeding, it seems I "smell" more. It's not my normal smell, but it's not a nasty sweaty smell. It is, however, very strong and makes me want to shower all the time. Does breastfeeding encourage this mommy/baby smell? Is there anything I can eat to make my smell "sweeter"? Sorry if this sounds silly...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont think ive ever heard of that! its probably your hormones though. hormones get all screwey and make us all have weird crap happen to us. that just may be your unique hormone change!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yep iv heard that when you breastfeed you give off a certain odor so your baby can know when your near and let you know he's hungary!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My hubby said I smelled different when I was preggo ... I haven't asked him if I still smell the same way. He said it wasn't gross it was kind of like a baby smells but different. I've never noticed it though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I only noticed a sweet smell about me when I was taking the feenugreek seed for milk supply. I dunno.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Isnt the womans body remarkable???
    Seriously we rock!
    Its so normal...

I was searching around....and i found this ...it will give you a giggle...
    including the sniffing the breast pads part lol

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/oct/18/humanbehaviour.health

I never heard of that lol

but here ya go ;o)

http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.asp?id=742

hope that helps
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my sense of smell got sronger too,on everything
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008