my poo is bright green.

Is that ok? I haven't gone poo in about a week, and I finally had to go today, and it was a really weird bright green color. It wasn't my vitamins, because I haven't been taking them for about 2 wks or so. Is this normal? I'm 36 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• OP--I remember "binging" on Froot Loops near the end of my pregnancy! And guess what color my BM was the next day! Yup! Must be all of the food coloring they use! LOL
    Anonymous

• I am betting you ate something that would turn it green.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 7:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Did you eat anything purple, like grape soda or grape candy? For some reason, that grape coloring can turn your poop a weird green color.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No I haven't eaten anything that I haven't eaten before...Lately I just been eating chicken or hamburger meat, some veggies, sandwhiches, stuff along those line. I had some fruity pebbles last night, would that do it?
    Anonymous

• No purple drinks either....I had some strawberry kool-aid yesterday...
    Anonymous

• I have noticed the same thing, and i have had TONS of strawberry kool-aid......
    Anonymous

• i had the same problem when i was pregnant. my hubbys aunt gave me those prenatal vitamins. they made me feel like crap every day. stopped taking them and then my poo was dark, sometimes bright green. talked to my OB. she said it could be too much iron and i should never take those stupid vitamin pills. after a while of not taking those damn pills anymore i felt better and the poo problem was gone also. my ob also told me to eat more veggies and fruits than normal. fast food doesnt really help either. which i didnt have a problem with, because i hate fast food.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Lol ok maybe that was it, I had like 2 humongous bowls of Fruity Pebbles. Maybe that's it :P THanks ya'll!
    Anonymous

• LMAOOO
    i was just gonna say when i eat ...fruity pebbles...or any colored cereal like that..
    my pooo is a big rainbow!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008