38 weeks....so much pain and no sleep.

I keep getting a sharpe pain that comes and goes. It only lasts a few second. It feels like she has a needle in her hand and is stabbing me. The last one i felt i felt almost a "pop" feeling. They are on and off throughout the day and I have felt them for months, but they are just now getting painful and lasting a bit longer. I know being pregnant you have a hard time sleeping but last night was the first night i DIDN"T sleep at all. I was wide awake and so uncomfortable and my belly was hurting.

How do I ease the pain, and what could this be? BH contractions maybe?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• BH contractions are usually just tightening of the abdomen. If you need sleep ask your doc if you can take tylenol pm. That's what I did at that point.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Iv taken tylanol pm all through my pregnancy..... its my 4th and that about all that helps me sleep im almost 37 weeks
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• BH They may seem to have a regular rhythmic pattern, such as every 10 minutes, but they will not get more intense, closer together or longer like labor contractions will.Drink water. Dehydrations can start contractions that look like labor, but are non-productive (they don't open the cervix).

I know they hurt mine made me cry
    but...Contact your doctor for some reassurance. She/he can help you understand the difference between pre-labor and contractions that will become labor.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh man, I am only 24 weeks and already going through that. Try Sleepy Time tea... it can help you fall asleep even if it can't keep you asleep. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Ask your doc before you try that tea though it has a warning on it for pregnant women... but i've been having the same problem and i'm trying to figure it out too.. i'm 37 weeks
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008