how can I tell if my daughter has the measles?

she has little breakouts on her chest, face and coming out on her legs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• has she been vaccinated? and have u looked at what the exact symptoms of measles are? and is there a possibility that it might just be a heat rash?
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• she will be on the 22nd of this month for her 2nd month shots. and no its cool in my house so i dont think its that. i think it might be what we wash her clothes with but we changed that today and i washed all her clothes.
    Anonymous

• you may also want to check if she has fifth desease. It isn't as bad as the name sounds, it is like the measles and my grandpa who is 70 swears it was the same thing, but it was simply a fine gritted rash and is cause by human parvo virus is what I was told by the dr. He said it was contracted from preshcool and there is really no cure or symptoms other than when he gets a little warm, not even feverish, he breaks out again. Good luck finding the true answer. God Bless.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• that doesnt sound good, she hasnt been out and about much at all. my uncle gave her juices from like beans and stuff like that on her passie. could it be a reaction from that??
    Anonymous

• go to the clinic. sounds a lot like ring worm which my daughter had. all she needed was to stay home (have her sheets washed) and I had to use an over the counter anti-fungal cream (I used generic but it is the same thing used for athlete's foot)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• When in doubt, ask the doctor. Until you know for sure what it is, keep her away from other infants and toddlers just in case it's "catching".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• She never leaves the house, so i dont know how she got anything. the only time she leaves is when i take her to the dr and when i need to go somewhere but shes covered up. but i'll ask my dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2008