What are some creative ways to announce baby #3 to family?

monstermansmom

Asked by monstermansmom at 8:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• to announce our 2nd I got our son a romper that says "Big Brother to be" and took pics of him in it and sent them to everyone! some people did not catch on very quickly but it was super fun :) (I just went to a local clothes store and had it made up real quick :)))
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 8:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• need some ideas too!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• you know the jumbo wooden letters at craft stores? you could have the family sit at the table and announce it's craft time...bring out the letters and have everyone unscramble them "b" "a" "b" "y"... then once they figure it out, you can all decorate the letters...it would be cute to have them above the crib, and everyone has contributed a little love to it! :D

congrats on your new little one!
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 8:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• My friends daughter took those tee shirts that say "I am the big brother" and hung 2 of them on the clothes line and hung a onesy that said "I am the little brother/sister??? and then sent it to everyone...thought it was a cute idea!
    blueeyes22

Answer by blueeyes22 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• i just told them .
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 8:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• When we were expecting baby #2 we got our oldest a I am going to be a big brother t-shirt and also sent a baby bottle with the ultrasound in it to our families to open on Christmas Morning.
    monstermansmom

Comment by monstermansmom (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• My brother, after having a vasectomy 20 years earlier, announced during a family gathering for the 4th of July that he was expecting again. We all thought he and his girlfriend were going to announce a wedding but instead they are just having a baby!!! What a shock!!
    auntifrog

Answer by auntifrog at 10:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I don't remember how we announced #3...but friends of ours just announced #4 in the cutest way! Their first 3 all have summer birthdays, so instead of individual parties they had 1 big party - when it was time for cake they brought out 4 cakes - 1 for each child, and the 4th said "baby" instead of a name, and "due in feb" instead of the age. SOOOO cute, and everyone loved it!
    Anonymous