OMG GROSS!!!

Sorry if this offends anyone but i actully threw up reading about this!! Women are now eating thier own placenta cause they say it will make sure that you dont have post pardum depression!! they are dragging in crock pots and making soups and stews out of it or making it like a roast and some have it dried and made up into pills!!! What is your opinion on this could you do it would you do it??? I dont mean to offend anyone so NO BASHING its just not what i would do!! Just want your input on this!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, i couldnt do it. I would puke for the rest of my life. and i dont really believe those old wives tales.

I just think its disgusting.

i though heard that you can plant it with a tree, which is suppose to bring luck for the child. But i also dont believe that. Its a cute idea, but what if the tree dies?! does that mean bad luck for the child?!

yeah im paranoid. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• ugh it is soooo digusting sounding, but SOME women do that....There are other reasons for it too, but I just can't see eating my own flesh....BLECH....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It actually started out as a pagan ritual, you would eat it, plant it and grow somesort of food plant on top and eat from it, or feed it to your dog.

I personally, being pagan and all, wouldn't do it. They have pills that I am sure go down a little better for PPD.
    Anonymous

• I think I'll pass.....thank you anyway. :-P
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• sick and weird... i dont know how anyone would do this... ugh
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I didn't but I almost did it for PPD... I didn't though. There are good reasons for doing this though. I did save my placenta though and when I start my garden I will bury it.

Anonymous

• it's not sick OR weird.

The placenta is a highly beneficial, temporary organ that's benefits are greater than we know.

I think it's sad that anyone would "throw up" from reading about it. I educated myself about the process of ingestion and drying it into pill form and it is not disgusting. It can yield fantastic results not only for PPD but also for bleeding, uterine shrinking, AND weight loss! :)

I think I am going to try it as opposed to taking manufactured AD pills for PPD.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I've heard about women having placenta eating parties after the birth of their child. They cook up the placenta and everyone at the party eats a bit.
    I'm sure it's really nutritious, since a lot of animals eat theirs after they give birth. But, personally, not my cup of tea.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I must agree this is Kind of strange,
    I dont beleive id ever consider this i never could imagine me saying,

((**HEYYY dont throw that away with some salt and pepper it will taste like chicken,**))

So to each their own i suppose lol
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I said its not something I would do myself and im sorry I cannot help that it grossed me out.... I never said women who do this are gross!! i was shocked by reading about it and yes me being 37 weeks pregnant and very high gagged reflexed i did throw up and again I said i didnt want to offend anyone and NO BASHING so thanks for your rude comment MamaMia72.
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008