• In the Spotlight:

Granddaughter has to go pee constantly!

Lately it seems my granddaughter always has to pee. Literally she can go 3 times within an hour. Is this normal? Should I be worried about diabetes?

OurOma

Asked by OurOma at 8:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• It could be a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection. I would get that checked before worrying about diabetes.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i would more worry about a bladder infection. (does not always hurt when you have to pee!). not sure what gave you the idea of diabetes?! any reason you thought that!?

because if so, then she might need to see a doctor.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would have her checked for a urinary tract infection. My daughter had one when she was 3. I noticed that she was going to the bathroom every 10 minutes and I asked her why, she said she had to go but only a little bit would come out, then she started saying "ow, ow, ow". So I took her to the dr and they tested her urine and it was positive for an infection. The pediatrician said that it is common for little girls to get them if they take bubble baths (instead of showers). She recommended that we only give her showers and she has never had one since.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008