Green goop

ok my daughter has green eye boogers, its thick and if you dont wipe it away right away it goops her eyes closed...her boogers are the same way...she has a low grade temp...any ideas??

DariAnn

Asked by DariAnn at 8:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• tylenol and a warm wash cloth for the eyes. my dd get's really yucky eyes a lot of the time usually it's due to her bangs in her eyes so i have to cut them back and use the warm cloth and set it on the for a sec. or as long as she'll let me put it on there. it breaks it up gentle enough to wipe away easily.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The green goop is overflow from your daughter's sinuses. You should never use tylenol on low fevers. Too high a risk of kidney damage. New studies also show that you shouldn't give cold medicines to children under four. The best thing for the eyes is a wash cloth like watersgirls recommends, but for the nose you should just use a little saline solution.
    monstersmom1

Answer by monstersmom1 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Perhaps you should get it checked in case it is an infection?

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sounds like conjunctivitis. If it's red or itchy you should take her to her dr. to get eyedrops.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sounds like an infection, just call your pedi and they will have you come in to be sure and if it is they will prescribe drops or ointment.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It is OK to use a pain/fever reducer, just make sure you get the infants and use the right dosage. If you're not sure about the dosage call your pedi. Cold medicines are a no no under four.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was always told that green means infection. I'd call my pedi and check.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008