ct scan

my dr want to do a ct scan on me ive been getting migraine head ache .do ya think its not a good idea. she already thinks its migraines but she want to rule out anything else.

postalmom1967

Asked by postalmom1967 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• as long as you are not pregnant then there is nothing to worry about.

i had a lot of ct scans already... and im still alive ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think it is a good idea to rule out other stuff. The scan itself isn't bad. Don't worry about that. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• its a good idea to get a CT scan.. my sister thought she just had migraines and they just found a cyst that's really close to her brain.. get it done, you don't want to miss something important.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• MY MOM WAS TOLD SHE HAD MIGRANES AND WAS OKAY WITH THAT ANSWER AS HER HEADACHE BECAME WORSE SHE WENT IN TO A CT SCAN AND DOCTORS FOUND A MASS SO THAT WAS SOMETHING THAT CAME VERY HARD FOR OUR FAMILY SO I SUGGEST TO GET YOUR CT SCAN DONE AS SOON AS POSIBLE.
    ilovemy3kidos

Answer by ilovemy3kidos at 9:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Cat Scans are a quick easy way to find abnormal fluid filled areas. It is an easy test. If its "with contrast" meaning they put dye in your vein to look at circulation, it becomes more invasive. Think of a CT scan as a suped up 3D Xray

If he really thinks you may have a tumor he should order an MRI of the brain. MRI is the standard for cell growth. It can see tissue density much better.

The CT can't hurt, not invasive at all. but I would question him about what he is looking for....
    Good Luck
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 11:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• thanks for all your answers
    postalmom1967

Answer by postalmom1967 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2008