Has anybody used caster oil?

No not motor oil.lol. If you've used it what was your experience? Did it work and induce labor or just give you a huge belly ache.

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 8:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've heard it is a big no no...but I can't remember why. Try sex and nipple stimulation.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I did and I gave "birth" to the biggest poop I have ever had, plus the "labor" was horrible and lasted all night long, lol...oh, and my son wasnt born for two more weeks
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Well its a laxitive....
    It could pass possibly thru the placenta and cause the baby to poo, SO I HAVE HEARD

But..i did take it...and all it did was make me poo...and barf ...nothing happend besides me running out of tolit paper :(
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I've heard it helps induce labor for some women but it's highly not recommended. It can cause contractions and will give you diarrhea (which can happen during early labor anyways)...and after all that pain, being uncomfy...why put yourself thru that especially not knowing if it def will work or not.

Nipple stimulation is def supposed to work and be less harmful. My OB suggested to take long shower and let the water fall on your chest. The water falling in itself will help with the stimulation. That usually can bring on contractions and help things along. =) HTH!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That's what I thought! lol. I only asked because my grandma keeps bugging me to take it. She said it induced everyone of her babies (and she's had 5) but I'm wondering if she would have just went poop if that would have done it.
    I've tried the nipple stimulation and apparently I'm doing something wrong because it doesn't do anything. And unfortunately this late in the game I'm so huge that havine and orgasm isn't an option. Plus sex without a condom with hubby is out right now. Apparently for some reason everytime we do it causes a sore on him. Sorry I know TMI.
    Looks like I'll have to rely on walking and shoveling sidewalks. I'm already at 2 and 25 so I know the baby is ready I just have to get my body to listen to me.
    Thanks Ladies!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I took it, but I was due the next day, and already having contractions. The contractions just up and stopped after 8 hours, so I went ahead and mixed some with oj, and I was in labor 45 minutes later, and he was born 6 hours later. I think it only works if your ready to go anyway
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Do NOT use it. It can also harm the baby.
    Anonymous