Anything I can do about a pinched nerve?

Today was my last day of work becouse Its very painfull to walk. It dosn't hurt to stay still, but as soon as i lift my leg or bend down i'm in so much pain! Its a sharp pain i think its a pinched nerve, anything I can do to ease this?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• See a chiropractor. It really does wonders. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'd recommend going to a physical therapist. I had a pain in my hip a few years ago and would walk in for PT bent over, and when I left I was upright. I've had PT for shoulder and neck problems too and am very pleased with the results.

Answer by Bmat at 9:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Have you talked to your dr? i have sciatica ( its where the sciatic nerve is pinched and causes pain in the hip/bottom area.) I wasnt able to do anything while pregnant. Then after I had my son, my dr. sent me to a chiropractor and to physical therapy... but nothing has helped. I am still in pain, and now i am pregnant again. My dr. told me i can use a heating pad for 5-10 min. at a time. does it feel like it catches??
    MommyMerKinsX2

Answer by MommyMerKinsX2 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008