Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I find a lawyer in georgia that will help me.I want to adopt my 2 grandchildren in georgia. what is the fee for this type of adoption in my state(area)

How can I find a lawyer in my state that will help me with the adoption of my 2 grandchildren for a reasonable fee. Waht is the feww for adoptions such as this in the state of georgia?

Answer Question

Asked by MS.J1218 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Try Look for a "Family Law" lawyer in your area.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • I would call the local state adoption agency and ask their legal dept. They know all the laws and can make recommendations and you know it's done right. If you pick someone out of a book they may practice law and even adoption law but possibly as a side line. that happened to my niece and she lost a lot of money and the adoption wasn't valid.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • Lawyers have to do a certain amount of pro bono work to maintain their bar. Normally counties have legal clinics once a month where you can get free advice & if your income & legal issue warrant it you might get represented for free. Search for legal aid or legal clinic in Georgia online or call your county clerk to ask about it.

    Answer by nysa00 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.