how i can deal with a 13 year girl that breaks averithing and with her language is so nesty

she suffer from adhd and somenthing else she is so strong hit me hit brothers pets anithing she cu gets in her way pets destroy the walls doors what else can i said help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Have you looked into the possibility that she may be bipolar? I have a 13 yr old who was diagnosed Severe bipolar/ADHD a few yrs ago. He exhibits many of the same behaviors when not on his medications or if they are not working properly. They are also starting to believe some kids who are diagnosed ADHD may actually be bipolar or have the dual diagnosis. There are many similarities along with differences. Is she on ADHD meds & still behaving this way? If she is & is bipolar & not on a mood stabilizer it can be more damaging. I'm not a doctor - but may be worth looking into.
    awnryprincess

Answer by awnryprincess at 12:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You need to get professional help. Get to a pediatrician, STAT.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree. This is something you cannot handle on your own. Get help from those who can guide you in this matter.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• ITS OK TO ASK FOR HELP THEY WONT HAUL HER OFF, TRY THE NATIONAL BOYS TOWN HOT LINE TALK IT FOR BOYS AND GIRLS AND FOR PARENTS ALSO U MAY NEED NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION 1-800-273-TALK
    LAST WEEK I HAD TO SIT ON MY 13YR OLD SON WHO IS NOT SMALL HE IS 180POUNDS AND WAS HITTING ME AND CURSING ME I SAT ON HIM TOLD HIM THAT IF HE DID NOT STOP HIS SELF AND TAKE CONTROL OVER HIS SELF THAT HE WAS MAKING IT TO HARD FOR ME TO LOVE HIM ANY MORE, THEN I GOT UP AND WALK OUT .. HE CALM DOWN AND IS TRYING HARDER NOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Next time she starts up call the police and have her removed from the house then I would get her into some kind of inpatient mental health program. If you don't take control now it's only going to get worse.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Some helpful sites - are www.nami.org, www.cabfkids.org, www.bpkids.org - I believe cabfkids.org has a checklist you can use to see how much may describe your daughter in order to take with you to a dr & discuss the possibility. I would also keep track of her moods too - they have charts to do that also. She may not be & this may just be hormones, behavior, etc. But if she is it would definately be to her benefit to find out so that she can get the help she needs. Meds don't solve everything with bipolar - trust me -- but I know if my son is not stabilized with the right medications - nothing else works. He does not process the same as you & I. Along with his meds he has been in counseling, works with a behaviour specialist, anger management group, etc. etc... The difference in my son before diagnosis & now is 360 turn around.
    awnryprincess

Answer by awnryprincess at 12:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Shut her world down. Turn it off.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have a daughter that was the same way. I took her to many therapists before we found one that she couldn't con. She was diagnosed as a sociopath.  She was also put on meds to make her non agressive.  However I was warned that I and anyone else in the home was in real danger with her outbursts and to call the police if she got violent.  I know she is your daughter and you don't want her to get in trouble, but you also have to remember that all the crazy people who commit crimes are someones child... Good luck and be strong and definately seek professional help

JordynnsMom

Answer by JordynnsMom at 4:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Don't believe ADHD would cause that type of violence. Seek different help. might be parenting issues, might be emotional, etc.
    Anonymous