Help my three year old won't stay out of the fridge!

My three year olds bedroom is right off of the kitchen and he is always getting out of bed in the middle of the night and getting into the cupboards and the fridge and making a HUGE mess.. eggs on the floor loaves of bread all over his room. My husband and I ( and his older brother who shares his room) are at our wits end! I don't know how to get him to stop the fridge locks don't work. We can't stay up all night and watch him either... any suggestions?

tiredmom4grrr

Asked by tiredmom4grrr at 8:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• can you put up some type of gate leading into the kitchen?
    Anonymous

• are you sure a fridge lock won't work? they make several different kinds, and some of them are harder to open that others. we had to buy a different model after our son learned how to open the first one.

Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 10:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Not sure what suggestions to give. But you are not alone. My 3 year old keeps trying put his sister in the fridge (which she thinks is hilarious).

The locks have worked pretty well for us, for the time being any ways.

GL!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• might sound goofy but seriously buy the padlock lock they will work just use short screws or whatever so you dont mess up the fridge or ask at an applience store what to use to put an actual lock on it

wellsy

Answer by wellsy at 12:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Maybe an alarm! Not something that would be there long... they sell really cheap stick on ones for windows and stuff... anyway.. he would open the door and be scared half to death... and probably wouldn't try it more than once or twice before he quit
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2008