• In the Spotlight:

Changes after birth?

I have noticed that since I had my child the odor from my vagina has been different. It has been 10 months. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• lots of things change post-partum. especially with all those hormones running wild. your pH changes are what's changing the smell... unless you've developed a UTI, or yeast infection (chances of getting this increase with changes in pH) probably you will go back to normal in the near future.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I haven't noticed an odor, but I do discharge more often now. I have to wear pantyliners now and I never had to. My OB said she could give me a script but I said no. If it's really bothering you call your OB.

Anonymous

• I think mine changed slightly, I notice it every once in a while
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I didn't notice anything down south, but my general body order changed. I couldn't wear regular deodorant anymore, I had to switch to the prescription strength stuff.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008