Why wont she eat?

ok for the past 2 days my daughter has not wanted to eat baby food or baby cereal for me, now she is normally a great eater but the past few days she hasnt been, all she seems to want is her bottle..... Is she gonna be ok just drinking formula? shes 10 1/2 months by the way. oh and she has a cold could that be why she isnt eating?

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you taken her to see her Doctor? My son had a cold for about 2 weeks, besides that he was pretty normal until he started losing some interest in food and really only wanted bottles. I took him to see his Pediatrician turned out he had a ear infection, now that he's on antibiotics he's eating great again.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes she was at the doctors on tuesday to get a flu shot and they looked her over then.
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Hmmmm..... I don't know what to tell you then...... the ear infection was my son's problem.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter periodically does this... I just have 2 questions for you. Have you noticed any other symptoms of teething? When My DD was teething (her only 2 teeth! lol) She did not want to eat. Has she just had a good growth spurt? Sometimes at the end of a good growth spurt, kids will stop eating a lot simply because the pituitary gland slows down a bit and they are not as hungry,

heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• She'll be fine with only formula...that or breastmilk is all they really NEED in year one.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Could be that she's sick. Try giving her the formula then maybe a half hour after give her some baby food. My daughter was the same way. If she's sick or is too hungry then she just wants her bottle. But maybe she wants something else too. A different kind of food. Have you tried table food yet. I started my daughter on table food pretty early.
    Ashes1207

Answer by Ashes1207 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would say its cause she is sick and or teething mine does this too. since she just got the flu shot that could be some of it. she will be fine just drinking her milk. my little girl doesnt eat baby food everyday i feed her that when i feel she needs it or when she doesnt seem happy and my other 3 i have them on it 3 times aday all that good stuff but with her i have went by the way she acts and what she is wanting. but sjust try to make sure she get at least 24 oz a day i think is was they recommend for that age it might be 28 oz a day but if she is then she will be fine.
    SSgtwife

Answer by SSgtwife at 10:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008