have you ever gotten Terbutaline to stop your contractions?

if you did did yours come back??

i got a shot today because i was having contractions and its obviously too early to have her, so i was given the shot and it took a while for the contractions to stop....

when you got the shot, did your contractions come back? even in a few days?? or a few weeks??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 9:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I remember feeling slight contractions but further apart...not like the 2 minutes apart when I got the shot... I was put on bed rest for 2 weeks. So, I needed a shot to stop my labor at 33 weeks and then I needed a shot to start my labor at 40 weeks and 3 days.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• oh yeah and they gave me blood pressure medication which was supposed to suppress the contractions. i guess it helped...but, it made me feel lousy.
    GreekMama28

• mine came back within 48 hours and in 50 hours I had delivered if they come back go back labor and delivery immediately they may need to keep you in the hospital on an iv drip of medicine to keep the contractions at bay
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was due February 12th, 2006-I started contracting December 23rd, 2005...........I got the shot and my contractions NEVER came back-I had to be induced...........
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had to take terb pills. I was in labor at 20 weeks. I had to take it every day until the first week in October. Then, he wouldn't come out!!! The thing is... it stops contractions. If it is REAL labor and not just false labor (only contractions) then you will have to take it all of the time (which sucks cuz the side effects are awful) but if it's not, then you should be good.
    skili11

Answer by skili11 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008