Has anyone heard of this??

My husband and I will soon be ttc. I am currently taking doxepin (anti-depressant), so i went to my doc and told them our plan and they said I need to go off it. I would rather be on nothing, but she kind of pushed celexa on me, so I am weaning off my doxepin and have been taking celexa for only 2 nights now. I just found more research on it that not only did test prove that it caused miscarriages and birth defects in pregnant rats, but I also found like 5 cases where women that were on it had miscarriages. I want to now stop this medication before it has a chance to take full effect and my body becomes dependant on it. Has anyone heard of this and it's fine for me to stop it right? Since Ive only taken 2 doses and they were 1/2 pills.

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• any additional chemicals in your system have the potential to create problems... but your baby won't be healthy if you aren't. if you can go off the pills, do it. if not, then just follow your OBGYN's advice. she's paid to give you the right answers! good luck hon! you are creating the best thing in the world. YOUR baby!
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My mother and my sister take Celexa. It works great for depression in a lot of cases, but I have no idea its effect on a pregnancy. Sorry! Good for you though to be researching it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I took Celexa through 3 pregnancies, and all the kids are happy and perfect!! :)
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure about Celexa.. I was on Zoloft and told that I should have been off of it when I miscarried my first, but I never took Celexa when I was pregnant. Keep researching, use keywords "anti-depressant" and pregnancy on a site like WebMD and you might get some good results
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Could you go off of it while pregnant and resume after giving birth?
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was on Zoloft while pregnant with my 3rd and no problems....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008