Why do "They" double seal everything for our safety? Isn't once enough?

I'm opening a bottle of Mustard, Ketchup, or Soy Sauce....whatever....I'm opening it. First I peal off the perforated plastic that's around the neck of the bottle and I try to poor out however much I need of whatever product I'm using. What's wrong...it won't come out? Ughhhhhhh...there's a second seal under the cap. Why...isn't the first seal enough? Why do manufactures double seal so many products? The first seal's not safe enough? It's one of those everyday things that just kind of bugs me...LOL Does it bug you too?

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yeah it definitely bugs me too:) I feel like such a moron when it won't come out and then I realize there is another safety seal under the cap! Maybe I am to trusting, but I definitely think one seal would suffice.
    Anonymous

• I think it's because of the 1982 Tylenol Tampering Scare.
    I used to bug me until I found out why they do it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylenol_scare
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yupp... nwdeserangel... i was watching a show about it. Thats also why medication is in a box, then sealed, then the protective foil on them,,,, just for our safety
    MommyMerKinsX2

Answer by MommyMerKinsX2 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Some of the packaging is just getting out of hand. For many people its too difficult or literally impossible for them to open packages. Some of the products are shrinkwrapped so tight that even with scissors its hard to open them. Thank God for my husband. My hands are getting bad and I don't have the strength to open many packages. Also can openers are a pain in the rear. Why can't they start making all cans with pop tops? I feel sorry for elderly people--I don't know how they are managing--unless they just don't buy things they can't get open.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 10:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I hadn't even thought about medicine...but now that you mention it! Double ARGH!...giggles : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008