when is the right time to feed your child solids!

annasmommy0821

Asked by annasmommy0821 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The right time is when you and your pediatrician feel is the right time for your child. I firmly believe that all children can eat solids at different times. My youngest son wasn't ready for solids before 7 months. He didn't like the texture and he didn't have the tongue action to eat solids before that. However, my other children ate solids much earlier. Every child is different and only you and your dr can make that decision.
    palinkasx6

Answer by palinkasx6 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My daughter was ready at about four months. I tried her out with rice cereal and she let me know from there what she was ready for and when.
    mommastang

Answer by mommastang at 8:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If you feel that they still seem to be hungry after the suggested amount of milk than start them on small amounts of cereal and introduce other solids slowly so that you can see that there is no reaction, other than that it is normally easy sailing on. Good luck.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Doctor advice 6 months or when time your baby can hold his head up by himself, so he would be able to swallow the solid food properly.
    Anestasia

Answer by Anestasia at 1:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My pediatrician gave the ok at 4 months. The look for good head control so the baby can turn away if they don't want anymore. They should also be able to sit upright with support. Even if they show both of these signs, they may still have their tongue thrust reflex. If your pediatrician thinks it is ok to start, try it. If the baby pushes the food back out, wait a week and try again.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008