is this man obsessive,possesive or truly in love?

I have been friends with this older man that I consider a friend for 11 years, he's been awsome . But the only concern that I have is that he clims he is in love with me. And despite my honesty of telling him I'm not interested in alove relationship he does not get it and still pursues. I just recently had a baby and he now has presumed the role of God poppa, I wouldn't mind if he was just willing to respect my wishes. My kids love him and I do but not in that way. What should I do?

themommy160

Asked by themommy160 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• just sit him down and just explain your self as nicely as possible. he may get upset or hurt but better to do it now instead of later. good luck to you
    Anonymous

• I have been sitting him down and talking to him for years about it. He won't take no for an answer, helitterly after 1 hour of our discussion. Starts talking about we and team and trying to get close to me
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• then you need to explain the meaning of No a little clearer to him. You need to say look heres how things have been heres how they will continue to be and will remain to be!
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• As much as I hate too , I think I may have to cut him off for good. My baby. Will probably go through withdrawls he's been here since introutero, and my bigger children are like whatever. I really like his friend ship but I hate the persistance.
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Clearly possesive!! And as tough as it might be take steps backwards and start giving him more boundaries. If you looked from an outside perspective, its really creepy, sorry I know you don't want to hurt his feelings......but a little yikes hon.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He's not in love with you hon-love would be respecting your boundaries and not telling you how it should be. I don't think this man can be just your friend, friends don't act like you don't know what you want. i'd be worried about not meeting Mr Right with him on guard or meeting mr right and this guy freaks out. be careful with you and the kids.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• exactly, last night he told me he was coming over and i said ok, he told me he had to go home first and i said ok, 1 hour later he called and i thought it was because he was here and wanted me to open the door, i asked where he was and he still said he was at home . so i asked him what is it that you want where are you, and thats when he told me he was just checking up on me. i said you just called are you still comin over and he said yes. it wwas wierd
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2008