Menstral cramps and 37 weeks pregnant is this normal? (I wrote this yesterday)

Menstral cramps and 37 weeks pregnant is this normal?

ok first off at the beginning of my pregnancy the baby was really low because when I started feeling the baby kick I was feeling the baby kick in my private. I am not feeling that anymore, but I do still get sharp pains in my private every now and then especially when I bend over or I walk for a while. But this part has been through my whole pregnancy. Well I went to the dr 2 weeks ago and he said that I was soft, but had ways to go. I went last week and he said he would check me again this week to see if I am dialated yet. The thing is for the last few days I been having menstral like cramps. They aren't bad or anything just feel like I am about to start my period. They will come or go or sometimes I will have the cramps for about half an hour or so before they go away. Is this normal? You think I would know having 2 other kids, but I was induced with them and I was already at the hospital and I was getting patocin and my contractions were pretty strong. So not sure if I should call the doctor? Or should I wait until I go in on Friday at 215? He knows about the pressure in my private he said that is normal, but now I am getting the cramps. It doesn't hurt really just more annoying cause I feel like I am about to start my period or something. I am 37 weeks today although I could be 39 weeks even because all 5 ultrasounds I have had has showed the baby 2 weeks ahead. Or dh thinks it might be from the heat since it has been in the almost 90's?

anyway everyone was telling me it was normal and probably braxtonhicks contractions well last night I couldn't fall asleep couldn't get in a comfy spot. Well I finally fell asleep probably about 1am well then I woke up at 3am cause I had to pee, but then I was having the menstral cramps again, but they wouldn't go away they stayed from 3 until about 430. I woke up and I was fine, but when I started walking around the menstral cramps come back. Is this normal? Is it still BH contractions? My drs office is close today so I hate to call for nothing. My next app. is Friday this week.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am not a doctor and can't say for sure, but it is most likely your body is beginning to get ready for the baby to come. Your bones begin to separate and the baby is getting into position to be born, and this can cause pain. You really need to talk to your doctor as soon as you can. There is the possibility that it could be something else, and he would know that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I am 36 weeks, and I feel your pain, literally :/ My pelvis has been sooo sore for the last few weeks. My left hip is also very sore, especially when I lie on it. I have to turn over every hour or so at night or I wake up in really bad pain from both my hip and my pelvis. My LO has also been very low for the entire pregnancy, and she just dropped this week so I have the additional discomfort of her head inside my pelvis scraping around whenever she moves. The cramps are most likely braxton hicks, which can feel like cramping. Put your hands on your tummy when you feel them and if it is hard as a rock then it is definitely braxton hicks (or possibly the real thing). Heat causes dehydration which can kick in early labor, so I wouldn't cross that out either. The soreness is caused by your bones shifting around getting ready for the birth. I wish you luck, Mama!!
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• i was told and this is in my case bc i had some spotting and im only 24wks that cramping that felt like menstral cramps ment i needed to take it easy but in ur case it kinda sounds like labor pains but i was induced as well so i cant tell you from experiance just from wat ive read.....id call your doc if nothing else it will easy your mind!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I went into labor at 37 weeks with my last baby. I had the same symptoms that you are discribing. I went straight over to my doctors office and they hooked me up to a monitor and my babies heart was beating too fast so they sent me over to the hospital. At the hospital the were concerned that my placenta and unattached which is an emergency. My placenta was still intact but they went ahead and induced me since I was only 3 weeks early. My baby girl was absolutely perfect. She weighed 6lbs15ounces.
    I think it is always better to be safe than sorry. I would call the doctor's office today even though they are closed and have the doctor on call tell you what he recommends. If for some reason you can't get in touch with him then just go over to the hospital. Pregnant ladies go to the hospital with false labor pains all of the time so don't worry about them getting mad at you or anything like that. It will ease your fears
    carsonoliviamom

Answer by carsonoliviamom at 9:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2011

• there isn't a dr on call it goes to a nurse then the nurse will page the dr with my phone number then my dr will call me.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2011