• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my 2 3/4 yr old son to give up the boob? I just want some peace. PS I have gone back to work full time w/ travel. I think I am forever to be a milkmaid.

Mommadelany

Asked by Mommadelany at 8:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I guess for me it was a decision that I was tired of being held down to there time schedule and I felt enough was enough. I loved breastfeeding but got really tired after a couple years. Just let them know no more and try holding them close as they drink some warmed milk from a sippy cup, slowly switch the milk from pumped breast milk to cow's milk and it might help. Wish you the best of luck.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You poor thing, just say NO! LOL seriously. At this point there basically isnt any nutritional value for him to be nursing.
    I had to wean my son to a bottle at 7 months for medical reasons, and I had to give him a bottle and hold him close. At first I had to hold the bottle for him because he wouldnt do it himself. Then gradually, h started doing it himself. In your case, I would try a sippy cup and just hold him close. That way he still gets the closeness of nursing, but can start transitioning to be a big boy with a big boy cup. You may have to pump him up and buy him a new sippy, but I think he will do very well! Good Luck
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008