Another one of those days

I am having yet another one of those days where the razpr blade is all too tempting. For the past three months my baby hasnt stopped crying. He as seen a bajillion doctors for a bajillion different things and was treated for them all but he still cries for no reason. There is no pattern adn I can count the number of times I have seen him happy in his entire life on one hand. My husband has been a completelt dueche bag and at this point if I could leave I would. I don't know what to do anymore. I am really scared that one of us will not make it out of this alive. I don't even care if he doesnt have a mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• cont According to my own mom I am stupid and do a bad job anyways so maybe he would be better off without me. I'm being treated for PPD but its hard to do anything to take care of yourself when your child wont stop screaming and I am damn tired of hearing "hire a sitter" we dont have the money. It costs $450 a month alone to feed our baby. Anyone have any ideas?
    Anonymous

• Here's a dumb question: If your mom thinks you are doing such a bad job, why doesn't she lend a hand?
    Do you have family other than your mom that could give you a break for an hour? Can you find a social service or church that will help you? Heck, go to church on Sunday morning and put the little sucker in the daycare while you attend the service- it could be worth it for the two hours of peace you will get. A social service worker once told my sister to leave the crying baby in the crib and step outside for a few minutes (it would be best to do this if you have a video monitor). Do whatever you can to keep it together. There are organizations that will help you, and I know they are tough to find, but if you want to PM me I will help you find them.
    Your baby needs you. You are not a bad mom, just hang in there and keep looking for help. And by the way, husbands can be complete douche bags at times.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Is there a moms group by you? MOPPS comes to mind first.

Your Mom is very very wrong. It's not easy when your baby keeps crying.

Also, talk to your doctor. I see that you are already being treated for PPD, but your doctor should know. Some hospitals have a hot-line for what you are going through, not sure if yours does.

In the end, you are doing the best you can and IT WILL GET BETTER! You are not stupid! You are not doing a bad job!

Also, have you looked into WIC? They may be able to help with feeding your baby.

Good luck! I hope things get better for you!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Its sounds like on top of everything thats stressing you out, you're suffering from PPD. I also think you need to politely tell your mom to STFU (shut the f*** up.) Colic and gas cause babies to cry....A LOT. Its a very distressing sound to a mom, especially one with PPD. Odd as it sounds take ten minutes to step outside or even put head phones on. Try setting the baby's car seat ont he dryer (of course stand there beside LO) and let the vibrations soothe baby. You can also try driving around with baby, which sometimes helps. And (if you've ever been in band this makes it easier) try and figure out your natural gait (walking speed/type) rock the baby according to your gait, they will have become familiar with it in the womb and will feel at ease if you do it. When I baby sit I can watch a mom and figure out her gait and i've been able to put many a fussy LO to sleep that way!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008