Should a teacher communicate the student's semester grade so the entire class can hear?

Do you feel it is acceptable for a teacher to announce, in front of the entire class, each student's semester grade?

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 9:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Absolutely not! That is private! They should have the choice to share their grades if they want to, not to have it announced for the entire world to see. I think it is the equivalent of us having the results of our work evaluations read at a staff meeting...no good at all!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No. There is a reason report cards are mailed in a sealed envelope. I dont like the grading system to begin with it puts every child in a box not all children learn the same and being a kid is hard enough without the embarassment of a lesser grade because you learn better by writing it down than hearing it
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Absolutely!! This is setting the kids up for teasing and taunting. I would NOT allow that at all!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't think so...they dont even do that in college. usually you have a student id and if anything they post grades by that id so you can look at your grade but you don' t know anyone else's
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• NO WAY! Not unless she happens to have a class full of straight A students!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No No No!!!
    Anonymous

• Heck no. If that were my kids teacher she wouldn't like me to much .

GumGurl21

Answer by GumGurl21 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Not appropriate.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No, it pissed all of us off when our teachers would do that in high school. A lot of people got made fun of because of it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Never. Grades are not for public record, whether they be 100's or 0's.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008