Is Taryn a boy or girl name?

Every since I named my son Taryn, I see girls with that name and people tell me its a girl name, so tell me the truth. Full name is Taryn Austin Yzaguirre. Austin is Daddy's middle name

Aysha848

Asked by Aysha848 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think spelled with the "Y" in it looks a little feminine. Terran was on our list of boy's names when our first child alone with Caelan (pronounced like Kaylynn). I was told both were "girl" names but I found them in the name book under boys.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The first time I ever heard this name it was for a girl so I tend to think its a girls name. But I only know one girl with this name and I know quite a few boys with it.
    Anonymous

• I would think of Taryn as a boy's name.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would say its a girls name. I knew a girl named Taryn. I think when you add a "y" to a name it tends to make it look feminine. I know someone who named her little boy Cameryn and everyone thought the child was a girl--now he has to go through life with it (Cameron is a boy). I would say that for a boy it would be Tarin.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my cousins name is Terran (girl) and my other cousins wifes name is Taryn....

i thin kits a girls name
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter's name is Taryn. I've always thought of "Taryn" as a girl spelling and "Terran" as a boy spelling.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You can always change it before he gets to old, lol.
    Anonymous

• Taryn: Greek origin, means "King of rocky hill."

I haven't heard of any female kings.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think of Taryn as a girls name because I knew a girl in high school named Taryn. I do agree with the posters who said Terran is the boy spelling and Taryn is the girl spelling. However, I think it could be one of those names that are unisex like Shannon, Devon, Stacy(this will always be a girl name to ME), . . . it's your child's name . . you have now made it a boy's name . . . your boy's name . . screw anyone who doesn't like it . . . it's a beautiful and different yet traditonal name either way.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• THANK YOU gdiamante MY HUSBAND WILL BE HAPPY TO HEAR THAT
    Aysha848

Answer by Aysha848 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008