I want to help out my little brother but I'm only 16....

He has an anger problem and I can't get to the bottom of it. The only thing I can think of is to have him go to a school consoler. I want to know if I can call the school and ask the consoler to call him up and talk to him and have her/him take me seriously...

3Smiths

Asked by 3Smiths at 9:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• That's really sweet of you wanting to help him.I'm sure you can go to the councelor,and tell her not to tell him ,you ask,so he does'nt get mad at you.Good luck,he does need to get it under control,before he does something he regrets.What do your parents do about it?
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If it's a problem cant you talk to your parents about it? If not then maybe calling the school is worth a shot. Or maybe you could just talk to your brother & see if there is something you can help him with, just between yourselves.
    Anonymous

• I just read your other question too, you should call/go to the school counselor and make sure that he/she knows your home situation it might help him/her take you more seriously because unfortunately they might take it as "well your only the sister".
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• honey i realize you love your brother and that is great but this is something for your parents to deal with. and if that is something that is not going to happen then go to the counselor but you need to talk to your parents first and have them take on the responsibility. how old is your brother. your a sweetheart and too young to have to worry about being an adult
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Your 16..on cafemom..so your a mom...well no wonder your little brother needs help! Looks like the whole family is kind of having issues if you are a 16 yr old mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I was a 17 yr old mom,Dont take that personal.As an old mom now I relize there is nothing my mother could of done or said to make me change my mind about my boy freind.SO it would of been great had I of listen to my mom an not gotten prego at 16 but I didnt listen either.This isnt the answer to the question you ask.The answer is yes you can call the school an talk to them.An yes they will talk to him.That is what they are there for.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• anon 11:19pm

Uuuuummmmm BITCH much? what a horrible thing to say. maybe your family has issues with you being such an insensitive bitch?!?!
    Anonymous

Yup and you "perfect parents" will never ever have a child or grandchild make a mistake and take responsiblity for it right
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• maybe somebody has problems with the obvious...hmmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sweetie, My daughter is 16. Her brother is on the autism spectrum. He had anger issues in the past. She went to many IEP meetings with us. Met with his counselor, knew his teacher.
    My son no longer has anger issues, We worked together as a family. She volunteered at his school when her school had different days off. She helped him make friends. Before he could speak. They had their own language. I think a sister can be a great help to a brother. For he looks to you as an equal not an authority figure.
    It is my hope that your parents are getting him help It may be a medical condition. You are a very sweet sister to want to be there for your brother. My daughter and son are very close, their bond will last a lifetime. I wish you and your brother all the best.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 3:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2008