• In the Spotlight:

What are somethings I can do to help my little one go to the potty?

My son is 2 he will be 3 in May and my husband and I are trying to get him trained before then. What can we do?

mrs_g07

Asked by mrs_g07 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The best thing you can do is wait for his queue. If you try to push him before he is ready, you will be in for accident after accident. If you think he is truly ready, sticker charts are wonderful, wonderful things. Get a pice of poster board and book of teacher stickers from the dollar store and every time he goes on the potty give him a sticker. It doesn't matter that they say teacher things, he can't read. Most kids just love the idea of getting a sticker. Make sure it's in a place where he can reach and put his own sticker on the chart. Good Luck!
    palinkasx6

Answer by palinkasx6 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Target practice w/ Cheerios works well for those competitive boys.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Cheerios and a dab of soap like dawn in the toilet before you try to get him to go, kids love bubbles! Good Luck.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I know this may start a war about modesty. My son had the hardest time going in the toilet. My dad was raised on a farm, and took him out in the backyard and let him pee on a tree. It worked wonders. Once he figured out what peeing was, he started going in the toilet too! Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2008