Genital Warts/Herpes???

I'm afraid that I have contracted one of these. I have had small white bumps occasionally and when I felt 'down there' It was bumpy, but I don't know if it is the natural ridges or something more serious. My husband has been my only partner. And he swears he has never been with anyone that would have exposed him. But I know it can spread without signs. I have a three month old baby, wouldn't my doctor had said something during my exams if I had them? I'm really scared. Please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• go here...
    http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/hpv
    http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/understanding-genital-warts-treatment
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If there is no pain and it there wasn't a violation of sexual relations w/in the past 7-10 days I can tell you for sure it is not herpes. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Normally you will find that genital warts/HPV are in small clusters and they can be white looking. Herpes are more like blisters and can be anywhere from the base of your spine to your vagina/rectal area.

The incubation period for Herpes (meaning from the time you contract it to the time it shows) is apporx. 2-12 days. Normally less than a week but can be as long as 26 days.

The incubation period for HPV (genital warts) is both long and variable.  It may be anywhere from a few weeks to more than 1 year. 

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No it doesn't hurt. I've not experienced pain with it, and since my son was born my husband and I have used protection. I had a pap done during my pregnancy so about five months ago, and he said it came back normal. . . But I'm still afraid of the worse.
    Anonymous

• It could be an ingrown hair. or razor burn..... Do you shave down there
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It doesn't sound like an STD, but you can talk to your gyn if you really are concerned. Have you taken a compact/mirror and taken a look down there?
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That's why it is SOOOO important for women to look down there on a regular basis....so they can know when something looks weird....I look down there all the time and you can bet your ass that I'd go to the doctor if I had symptoms or if something looked weird!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Its not just in the pubic area it is on the inside, and I have heard that the warts can get on your cervix and such. I'm worried about cervical cancer in the long run. I just had my first child and want to have more and i know I'm being overly paranoid, but it just freaked me out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008