Has anyone used a maternity belt?

I am looking at buying one of those maternity belts/bands, and I am wondering if anyone has ever used one and what was your experience with it? Did it help your tummy to shrink back down post-partum? Did you like it or dislike it?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if it really helped with shrinking my stomach afterwards, but I don't have any strechmarks, and no exess belly. I don't know if that is good genes or the belt, but the belt helped alot with the back pain.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes, it was awesome
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• OMG, I loved mine. I thought that it would be really bulky and noticeable under my work clothes, but you couldn't tell. i did not wear it after giving birth. i should have, didn't even think about that!
    Anonymous

• Did you guys buy yours at motherhood ?

I am thinking about getting the maternity band too because this is my third and my stomach muscles are shot !!!

If you want more support after the delivery I know they make a postpartum one too. I think I heard it's good for people who had a c-section.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008