Have you used a maternity belt?

I am looking at buying one of those maternity belts/bands, and I am wondering if anyone has ever used one and what was your experience with it? Did it help your tummy to shrink back down post-partum? Did you like it or dislike it?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've tried them several times ---- different kinds, too. They're VERY uncomfortable. I had to wear undies 2 sizes to big & wear the belts over the undies -- couldn't stand them touching my skin. That got annoying because I'd have to re-do the belt every time I had to go pee (which is what? like ever 3.4 minutes when you're pregnant?? LOL) and to put the belt back on, I'd have to lie down in bed --- so that didn't work out well if I was anywhere but home!

So no... they didn't help me much at all.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Read Julia Tupler's book and follow the recommended exercises. You will be in shape in no time.

And yes, maternity belts are beneficial.
    Anonymous

• I wore a stretchy velcro type belt with my first pregnancy which really helped with my back. I totally recommend it!
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 10:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I wore one. I don't know if it helped (this is my first child) but it felt very comfortable and kept me 'together'.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008