Crying and Screaming

My daughter is 5 1/2 months old. She has been on solids for about a month now she has oatmeal and veggies. Lately she has been screaming and crying for no reason... Its almost like shes in pain. Normally when she cries like this if I pick her up she will stop crying but today no matter what I did she just kept screaming and crying like I have never heard before. I don't know what to do. I have noticed that since she started the cereal and veggies she has a real hard time pooping. She only poops out these little tiny poops nothing big. So I don't know if shes not going as much as she has to. My husband thinks its behavioral.. Tonight she was having a total fit and as soon as my husband came in with the bottle she smiled. We have been through a lot with our daughter since she was born, she was colic, has acid reflux, horrible skin rashes.

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Back off the solids. That's likely causing the problem.

Re-introduce slowly. Remember that formula or breastmilk are still her main meal...the solids are an afterthought and aren't early as important.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Give her lots of water, and maybe a little apple juice, sounds like she is constipated. The sucking on the bottle is comforting, so that my be why she was happy to see it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my son same thing and it was a tooth but didn't show it till almost through.
    Anonymous

• mine has been the same way for the past week or so. He also has reflux. Hes been on cereal bottles since 6 weeks per docs orders. He is 4 mo now.MIL is a nurse and said he may be getting to much cereal and his system cant tolerate it anymore and to take him off of it. I did this on tuesday and already there is a dramatic difference. Try only fromula for a few days and see if it makes a difference. call the doc though to be on the safe side
    carolinagirl820

Answer by carolinagirl820 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2008