Does anyone else have a skinny minnie?

My 1999 son has always been between the 5th and 15th percentile for weight. I find it extremely rude when people make comments about his weight (especially when he can hear them). My pediatrician says he's healthly, but the comments can really get to me.

jharris01

Asked by jharris01 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Kids' Health

• i dont ... but my niece ... oh lord she is skkkkkkkkkkkkinny! ... grls talk about her at school , bc shes so tall , and skinny! ... her dr never said anything , bc she EATS AND EATS ... but shes so dam active!! ...

the comments would get to me too ... i kno they made my niece rly upset
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my son is 14 and when u lift up his shirt u can count all of his ribs
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My neice is 16, 5'11" and 78lbs!-not anorexic-skinny as hell! She eats like a cow!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My sister has a skinny minnie, and a bony maronie. lol... My twin nephews are so skinny, they look emaciated. They eat well, but are very active and since they are only 9, the muscles aren't developed.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son is very skinny and tall and he is only 3. He eats like a toddler, everything one day and nothing the next...he is healthy. I was excited I finally found jeans that fit him, he needs a size 4 for the lenght but even a size 3 is to big around the waist, so I found a 4 slim, they are still very roomy around the waist but better than any others I had found. Those comments would be hurtful to me as well but I figure it must be a sad life if people have nothing better to talk about than the size of my son.
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Me! Me! My DS just turned 2 on Dec. 8. He weighs in at 25 pounds, and is 35" tall. He eats like crazy, but doesn't ever really gain weight. WIC & his Dr say he's healthy, just tall & skinny. He needs an 18 month pants for the waist and 2T for the length, I have to buy him the adjustable waist jeans. They are great! Sweatpants are still a pain thou. I'm really sick of hearing people say he looks sick. I don't think he does at all. He's just not a chubby toddler, and for some reason, a lot of people think toddlers have to be chubby. BTW, should probably mention, this kid doesn't stop moving from the time he wakes up, until he finally collapses into bed. Non stop energy all the time.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 6:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My 19 month old is tiny. She wears 9 month pants still since her waist is so small. People are usually surprised to hear how old and "heavy" she is. The only comments that ever bothered me was when a co-worked said she looked "fat". Her son is off the charts for how small he is, so she natrually assumes any one bigger than him is fat. That *really* bothered me.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My youngest girl is 12 months, almost 18 lbs, and only 28 inches long......I just tell people to keep their noses out of it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yes! My oldest DD is 14 and she is very skinny, her gut totally flat. She is a size 0 for pants and shirts are an xs (AEROPOSTALE SIZE!). She can eat anything and it is like it goes right through her. She is 5'3" and not even 100lbs, dr says she is very healthy. Abby is just very active, and has a very fast matabolism. My 8yr old twins are tiny and skinny. They get there share of comments but if u ask me people are just rude. my youngest daughter (3) was only in the 7 percentile at her last physical a few months ago. As long as the child is healthy that is all that matters. I know its hard but try to ignore people, they DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!

xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• YEs, my son was very small at birth and is still on the small side he is always in the 5th percentile he is 5 and weighs 41lbs!. I hate the comments about how SKINNY he is, he eats more than me and never gains. His peadiatrician told me its better for him to be slim than fat.
    I am glad I am not the olny one!!!
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 9:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008