My six month old as refused to take formula recently . She eats the baby food and take juice out of a sippy cup. I have tried to put formula in a sippy to but still no luck. What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry about the previous answer some people on here are a little closed minded. I would suggest trying to add a little juice in her formula to change the taste a little and if that doesn't work my cousin recently had this problem and her doc had her change brands. The different flavor seemed to help. Other than that I am at a lost since I myself did breastfeed when possible, good luck sweetie.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Try adding a pinch of sugar or a drop or 2 of Karo syrup. Breastmilk is sweeter than formula and that is what the doctor told me to do when I was transitioning until my DD got used to the formula.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• She may be transitioning and realizing that she likes being a big girl.... She still needs the nutrition from the formula. Maybe try another cup? Give it to her with a little something to change the flavor? Trial and error.... we all go through it!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• The first poster needs to get a life and not post stuff anonymous!! I would try a different formula first and if that dont work maybe talk to your doctor about it. Good Luck!!
    tlsteinbeck

Answer by tlsteinbeck at 2:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'll be a little more soft then the first answer. I would stop the juice. At 6 months, they really don't need it. Your giving her a taste of something thats a hell of a lot better then formula. Wouldn't you stop drinking something nasty if you got a taste of something better? Just give her water, if you think she needs more fluids. And try the formula trick to get her back on it.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008