when did you pack the baby bag?

when did you have your baby bag ready to go to the hospital if needed?

should i start getting it ready already? im 32 weeks but im already having contractions. they were stopped but im thinking i should get ready soon anyways.... what do you think? and what MAJOR things should i pack?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 10:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i packed mine the day i started having contractions lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• not as much as you think. remember yourself and what you can't live without. i forgot something to tie my hair back and it might as well been my underwear... they have all you need for the baby. i even left the shirt he was wearing on him and just put some pants on. if it's cold where you are just plan for that. if you need bottles, maybe those.
    Anonymous

• lol...i didnt pack mine till i was on the way to the hospital w #1..w number 2 i had it packed i think a month in advance. w this one probably about a month to a couple of weeks before.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have 3 weeks left and still havent packed mine and i have to stay for 3 days I guess I should get moving huh. Thanks for reminding me. oh well jus another thing i will add to my list of things to do before she comes.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I packed mine 2 weeks before I was due..then forgot it when I went to the hospital lol.

I wouldn't pack too much. The hospital has diapers. I'd pack wipes, mine gave me some funky cloth thing for a wipe. I'd pack a sleeper for the baby if you want. I left mine in the shirt the hospital gave him. I'd pack a going home outfit and a burprag....if you're breastfeeding you can pack nursing pads but your milk usually doesn't come in that fast. Make sure to pack a nursing gown for you...granny panties..pads. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When I found out what it was-lol...........but I packed the essentials last............
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i packed toothpaste a travel toothbrush,soap,shampoo,hairbrush,deoderant,comfy clothes,book to read if you even have the time.don't worry about diapers unless you want to use a certain kind.babys picture clothes if your getting them taken.Don't forget socks because the hospital gets chilly.Oh and if your doing natural birth maybe a cd with relaxing music and a focus point like a picture or something.i know there is more but i'm drawing a blank.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• 36 and a half weeks lol last week..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I packed mine at 30 weeks. A tip: Keep a list of EVERYTHING in the bag. There will be several things you will want when the times comes that you use every day, and it's easy to forget those in all the excitement (ie toothbrush, face wash, etc). I brought a pillow from home, and I was glad I did. Use a colored or patterned pillowcase, so it doesn't get mixed up with the hospital ones. Don't forget tons of hair ties, and some easy to slip on shoes for walking around in. I also loved having a robe for going between the shower and the ball while in labor.
    Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• the day of but I was induced that nite, as planned. I'd say get it together when you have time, for peace of mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008