• In the Spotlight:

Best friend dilemma...

Ok, so my best friend is a guy. I've known him for the past 8 years, and he has always been my best friend. He's the greatest guy in the entire world!! I moved away and got pregnant, but we still remained friends. After my baby's father and I split up, I noticed that I liked my best friend as MORE than a friend. He has this new g/f(who also has a baby) and she doesn't like how good a friends her bf and I are. On my myspace I posted a paragraph, that I thought was sweet about he is and will always be the best guy on the planet, and his gf didn't like it so he asked me to take it down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Is that fair of her?? I don't understand. I'd never try to take him from her(though I think I deserve him over her) but idk if she's trying to control him or what...she told me,"I don't like the blurb you put about Casey on there..it makes me uncomfortable," and I tried to explain that we're just friends, but Case asked me to take it down for "him". Is there anything I can do? I was here first!!
    Anonymous

• hate to say it, but step back a bit. he is making a decision and it seems to be her. been there before, the best think you can do is tell him how she may be a little insecure and see how he reacts. you'll know whether your relationship will ever be more than just friends.
    Anonymous

• This is such a tough situation. I guess it is going to be up to your friend? I don't think there is anything you can do.
    Anonymous

• Well you have to think of it from her point of view. I would feel uncomfortable if I knew that my bf's best friend was a girl and that she had feelings for him. It is hard to see another woman be that close to your man. Im not saying women and men shouldn't be friends, heck, most of my friends are males but there is a fine line between being friendly and being a threat to the relationship. Even though you don't have intention of stealing him from her, it could still happen and she knows this. Personally I would take it down if it makes her feel uncomfortable. You just have to look at the situation from all viewpoints and think how you would feel if you were that girl. hth.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 11:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• This is what I put on my page:

Casey, lol i love you :] your by far the best guy i know, my best friend for lifee. We've been through alot together, and ive known you for like seven years. Nothing could bring us apart, i promise you. Your the most sweetest guy i know, and your an amazing guy. Somehow, you make me smile without even trying. You make my day better, just by talking to you, and your just an awesome person without even trying. I'll always love you, no matter what. I could never explain in words much how you mean to me, or how much of a difference you had in my life. i love you forever & always case. btw-i think i lost our child again...he ran away to find you.=[ maybe we should go look in mexio?! or spain. haha

We had a joke a long time ago about how I was having his kid..but we've never even kissed!! It's just a joke! And I'll put what she sent me..
    Anonymous

• This is what she sent to me:

It came up because, if I can be completely honest, I didn't exactly feel comfortable with the blurb about him on your page...

I mean..I get that you guys are friends and stuff..but it still made me a little uncomfortable, like you like him more than a friend. I know you would never put the moves on him so to speak, or that he would take you up on it if you were like that..but it still weirded me out a little bit...

I understand the dynamic casey/kassie relationship..but the blurb still irked me.

I'm not like..mad or anything..honestly..I'd tell you if I was..it was just something that weighed heavy on me since I saw it. I'm SERIOUSLY not mad...and I didn't start a personal,"let's hate kassie," club lol..even if if I WAS mad I'd never try to keep Casey away from his friends..it's not my place..
    Anonymous

• Ok well yes that sounds like you ARE seriously in LOVE with him. I mean in love, in love. Not just as a friend. If I was his gf and read that I would feel VERY uncomfortable. Even if you are his best friend you really need to think about her feelings too.

I understand your point of view also. Being he is your best friend and with how much you have been through together, I get it. I just don't think Myspace is the place to put it and maybe you should save some of those feelings for if they ever do break up.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 11:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would say that says A LOT about him--he must be a good man to actually stand up for his girlfriend and defend her feelings. You need to respect him for that and realize if he were interested in you--he would be with you--but obviously he cares enough about his gf to tell you. You WEREN'T there first or you would be there now. Be honest with yourself---you did it to get a rise out of her because you are jealous she has him. Time to get past high school behavior, realize he is not interested in you as more than a friend--respect him for the man he obviously is and back off!!!! And just because he is willing to "defend" his gf, does not mean he is being controlled--perhaps it means he is mature enough to see through your "just friends" ploy.
    Anonymous

• I think she handled it really well! I would delete the blurb and move on. :)
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 11:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Well I also don't like his new g/f..I mean..she makes Casey happy and all..but I want to date him..

He told me he wanted to MARRY her..and that he'd never felt that way about a girl before. It honestly upsets me and I want to tell him that too..
    Anonymous