pooping...

So, since I'm getting closer to where I was when I had my son (36 weeks) I've been getting nervous... about pooping lol. I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out! Lol... when I was pregnant with my son, I was on strict bed rest (I went into labor at 24 weeks) and I was in the hospital. I started having back cramps and what I thought were braxton-hicks contractions.. and then I thought I had to poop. Well, I went to the bathroom to do my business, and my water broke! Apparently my urge to poop was actually an urge to push! Anyway, this is pregnancy number four, so I've had two other births since then (all three births so far have been c-sections, this will be c-section number four) and I haven't broken my water since... but it still makes me nervous every time I have to poop!! Lol... am I nuts?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 11:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, you are not nuts. I think its perfectly normal to have anxiety over a repeat of your first pregnancy. Have you had contractions with your other two pregnancies? Do you think you are familiar enough with the differences between contractions and the urge to have a bowel movement? Dont worry, momma, you will be ok! =)
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 11:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The same thing happened to me..i went into the bathroom cuz i thought I had to go and instead my daughter decided she wanted to come out i couldn't stand back up on my own...the nurse had to help me back to my bed....i didn't even realize my water broke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yes, stephi, you are nuts, but not for this reason!

blowing kisses

AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 4:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2008