How long did you bleed after having your baby?

I had my third baby almost 6 weeks ago, with my other 2 I stopped bleeding before I hit 4 weeks. This time it had slowed down and was brownish but then a few days before I hit the 4 week mark it got a little heavier and was bright red again. I thought that maybe it was my period even though I'm breastfeeding. It has slowed down considerably but I'm still bleeding (spotting) and its still bright red. I will be 6 weeks on Monday. Is this something I should be worried about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• one and a half weeks. it was alot at first but tappered to spotting toward the end. hang in there!!!!
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I bled for almost 8 weeks after my c-section in May, and my OB said that some women bleed for as long as 12 weeks! Yikes! Personally, I do not think you have anything to worry about unless you soak through a pad in less than an hour, or have a fever, nausea or vomiting along with your bleeding. *That was the advice to me from my OB*
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 11:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i bled for 8 months with my son but i was on birth control and with my daughter i bled past 6 weeks but i also had my tubes tied
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I still was bleeding the way your describing for over 8 weeks. hang in there!
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• it was about 4-6 with me....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• no worries, btw... your body is just healing. however, if you become dizzy, fatigued, or confused.. ( i know... how will you be able to tel! i am sure you are all of those things JUST from being new mommy.) HEY!! don't hesitate to call your doc! his nurse should be happy to answer your questions and make an appointment if necessary.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• 3 weeks first time
    4.5 weeks second time
    almost 8 weeks with number 3. Breastfed and didn't get my period back till 10 months Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I quit bleeding 6 weeks to the day after birth. Both times

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008