Best Baby shower hostess gifts?

My sisters are throwing my baby shower August 7th. I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me until yesterday that I should give them hostess gifts. I'd like something home made, and personal.. But I'm not too sure whats proper.. Most people suggest food, but I'd rather gift them something that means something more. Any ideas? =)

Momma2be11

Asked by Momma2be11 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would get them stuff I am craving that I can't have. A bubble bath set, wine, a massage and a pamper day.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• That sounds GREAT! Lol. I'd love a bubble bath, some wine, a good massage, and some pampers! I mean, to be pampered =)
    Momma2be11

Comment by Momma2be11 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Take them out to dinner the night before and pay, that is always nice and lets you discuss whats happening the next day.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I'd love to do that.. But they wont tell me ANYTHING about the shower! They're being very secretive. I thought about making them dinner when they came over the night before, because, with children themselves, they just don't get taken care of..It just seems so impersonal!
    Momma2be11

Comment by Momma2be11 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Take them (and yourself) out for pedicures the day before!
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I saved up and after the baby came I gave my mom a gift certificate to a day spa. It spent $50 and told her that without her I wouldnt have made it! She threw my baby shower and stepped in for my dh since he couldnt be there. She was AMAZING
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I wish they liked that kind of stuff! Or, that I could afford it.. I was thinking about getting them a picture mug with a picture of their kids.. Or something they could hold on to..They're not picky, but I am! Lol.. Thank you all for your answers!
    Momma2be11

Comment by Momma2be11 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I agree with all the other moms
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Forgive my ignorance, I didn't know you were supposed to give a hostess gift. Then again, I had to arrange and decorate my own baby shower... :( Maybe you could get her a nice necklace?
    VonaMom

Answer by VonaMom at 4:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2011