how do i know when im ovulating

how can i tell when im ovulating? I believe i was cause its like a cat in heat when it happens thats all i think about for like a week and im very pushy with my husband about getting laid. im to the point of even forceful sometimes over it cause my body feels so weird and out of control. but i dont get my period till the first week of jan or even the second week so what is up with this? does anyone else go through this? i also noticed that i have this same feeling right after i have my period.

EdensJezebelle

Asked by EdensJezebelle at 11:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most likely that is when you are ovulating. It is usually around 2 weeks from your period, sometimes a week before. You can chart temps or buy an ovulation predictor kit.
    Personally (and this is without charting or testing) I think I ovulate 2x a month. My sister does too. People say you can't, but I know of doctors that say you can.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i used the ovulation calculator on www.healthstatus.com it helped out great i am 38 weeks!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yes, you're probably ovulating then.... being in the mood, like a cat in heat is how I describe it.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i also have lot of discharge and i smell different like a sweet smell. ( i call it the sex smell)
    EdensJezebelle

Answer by EdensJezebelle at 11:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You can check your vaginal discharge. Normally, it will be kind of sticky, but when you're ovulating, you can stretch it between your thumb and forefinger, and it will be more slippery. You will be hornier (sounds like you've already figured that out). You can try buying a ferning scope, too. Your saliva changes patterns when you're ovulating. Just follow the directions on the package. It's more indicative of when you will be ovulating than a prediction kit (OPK).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008