Ebay- does anyone know any tricks about how to title an item you're selling?

OR, if you buy from Ebay, what do you look for in the listing? What makes you click on any item in your search results?

alexmomma2007

Asked by alexmomma2007 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Shopping

• spelling and being able to see the picture...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I used to do this when I sold on ebay just to draw attention to the item.....Example below
    AlTeReD ArT SuMmER CoLlAge L00K hErE BeAuTiFuL
    stuff like that stands out and odd number for the sale price like 2.22 or 4.44 or 5.55 stuff like that hope that helps
    TotallyTart

Answer by TotallyTart at 8:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• PP is the type of ad I stayed far away from. That drives me freaking insane and I can't take it seriously. Keep it simple and state the most important part of what it is you're selling in the title. Always include a pic. I scan the pics, then the titles. If I'm searching, I'm putting in exactly what I'm looking for.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My husband loves ebay, buying and selling he suggests free shipping when possible and plenty of pictures from all angles. Make sure to list little things when possible and ebay can suggest titles for similar items. It's in one of the listing steps I believe.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would read the "seller forum" on ebay.. It's got such good valuable information. I did try to include every type of searchable word for the item I sold.. Depends on what you sell, but there is something on ebay about most searched words....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I sell a lot of things on ebay. I always sell stuff better if you add the picture on the search page, make sure all words are correctly spelled and put sever words in title like size, color, namebrand etc... Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008