Does anyone else dislike the christmas holiday?

Don't get me wrong I am not a scrooge I love the holiday when it comes to my kids and my in laws. It is my family that makes it a dreaded holiday. My dads side, thats the only time I ever saw them was during christmas, I hate the fake ass "OH so nice to see you, I know its been a year but here is a present to make up for it". I cant stand that. Now my dad is very upset because I no longer go around them and frankly it makes my life happier. The last time that any of them have been to my home was my high school grad ten years ago. I am at peace but I dont see why my dad is so surprise that I don't give a crap. Anyone else have family that they rather not see during the holidays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Holidays

• by the way it is just my dads side. My mom and myself are good and I do go to her house they have not been married since i was 3.
    Anonymous

• Girl, that's why I moved away. I only have to deal with my children and grandchildren now. Husband's family is in another country, mine in another state. Oh, the happy holidays are here again!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I laid down new rules couple years ago....just me hubby and the kiddos. We can visit extended family other times
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I guess your Dad just wants to include you in his family traditions, such as they are! Do you see him during the holidays or is he part of the package?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008